Friday, December 2, 2011

Speculations (?) From The Community

I know some of my readership might not care too much about gaming forums, but in light of recent developments regarding the revelation of Bethesda's plans for Skyrim modding I thought that you all might be interested in browsing this Nexus Forum thread, particularly the first post by the famous Robin "Dark0ne" Scott.

In my honest opinion, I think this might be the beginning of the end of game modding being any fun at all.

EDIT:

(Sorry. Yes, the thread is in the modder's forum, meaning that you have to have a Nexus upload that has been downloaded like 1000 times. It was only a month ago that I realized that I meet that criteria.)

8 comments:

  1. Just so you know Herculine, when I click on the link for the Nexus thread, I get a Board Error message. I tried looking for the thread myself, but have had no luck :( I am thinking I is an article I would like to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the thread (link's still good here) this morning but I can't muster anything resembling a cogent comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the thread in the modders private forum?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kirtai:

    I didn't notice it the first time, but you're right, it is.

    Guess that explains it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry. Yes, the thread is in the modder's forum, meaning that you have to have a Nexus upload that has been downloaded like 1000 times. It was only a month ago that I realized that I meet that criteria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would explain my inability to view it then. Meh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The solution is simple: you guys just need to create a couple super-popular mods, and in no time you'll have access...

    ...Wait, don't throw things! It was just a joke! A joke, I say!

    (or you could always do what I did and upload a dozen and a half crappy mods; since the download counter is cumulative)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As popular as Cameron seems to be, I don't think she would be that popular as a companion, but you never know...

    ReplyDelete