Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Tip Of The Hat

Here at the blog I occasionally review a set of classic Doom maps that I've found to my liking and share them in the hope that others will find them enjoyable as well. Having many hobbies, I don't get to do this as often as I'd like and recently I even got distracted from sharing the works of others as I found myself immersed in a Doom project of my own.

As you might guess, my little blog here is not the only one dedicated to this great game and the community-created add-ons for it; the newest, perhaps, but hardly the only one. I recently discovered another blog by KMX E XII entitled quite simply and appropriately DOOMED. There you will find many detailed reviews of classic Doom MegaWADs and map sets complete with screenshots as well as links to all sorts of sourceports, info and other assorted goodies that are must-haves for us Doomers.

Sure, there are probably thousands of websites and blogs dedicated to Doom that have been created since 1993, many of which have long-since ceased to be maintained by their creators; I intend to share them with you as well as I discover ones that I consider to be sparkling gems among the plethora. But DOOMED is much like my own little blog here in that its author is still active and posting new reviews quite frequently, and I'm not too proud to admit that I think he's doing a better job of it than I am at the moment. Thus I wanted to take a moment to give the Blogger equivalent of a tip of the hat to KMX E XII and his blog here.

So, if you're looking for a set of maps to play and want informative reviews rather than randomly picking files from the Archives, check out KMX E XII's DOOMED and chances are you'll find something to fit your tastes. And if you're a frequent Doom player and a blogger, I highly recommend adding his page to the list of blogs you follow. I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment