Monday, December 10, 2012

Need Music?

As a follow-up to my previous post, I would also like to mention in a more general manner the site where Aubrey Hodges chose to make his PlayStation Doom soundtrack available. BANDCAMP, I am currently discovering, hosts a wealth of various styles of music, much of which is suitable for substituting your boring old video game music (thus justifying my mention of it here in my gaming blog). As I'm typing this I'm listening to Field Recordings From The Edge Of Hell, which is really sounding like some great droning ambient music to play DOOM by. It appears that most of the collections of music offered on this site can be had for a mere $1 USD, so even on a budget as limited as mine one can afford to indulge a bit. If you have any love at all for music, do yourself a favor and check out this great website.

1 comment:

  1. Bandcamp is one of the very few sites I buy music from, mainly because I know that the money goes directly to the artist (minus payment service fees) and not to some evil music business corporation. Many artists offer their music for free or an optional donation. I often pay more than required if I really like a band or artist. It's a nice concept :)

    That track 'Dirty Knobs' is imho too aggressive in the mid- to high-range frequencies, personally I prefer darker tunes when it comes to drone music. I'll check out their other tunes though, it's always nice to discover new artists.

    ReplyDelete